Which juice is good for muscle pain?
Cherry juice can help combat the inflammation and muscle pain that is so common in runners. Studies reveal that drinking tart cherry juice can minimize post-run pain. The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory qualities in the fruit help to relax muscles naturally. Shop for cherry juice.
What fruits help with muscle soreness?
More than a juicy thirst quencher, watermelon has some surprising nutrition credentials. It contains the amino acid l-citrulline, which has been shown to soothe aching muscles. One study, which tested watermelon juice as a recovery drink for athletes, showed it helped muscle soreness.
What heals sore muscles fast?
To help relieve muscle soreness, try:
- Gentle stretching.
- Muscle massage.
- Ice to help reduce inflammation.
- Heat to help increase blood flow to your muscles. …
- Over-the-counter (OTC) pain medicine, such as a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) like ibuprofen (brand name: Advil).
Is cranberry juice good for sore muscles?
The berries reduce inflammation—the reason your legs feel so sore after tough workouts—which expedites recovery and reinforces your immune system during especially tough training blocks. Throw some unsweetened cranberry juice into your morning smoothie, or spread homemade cranberry sauce on a turkey sandwich.
Does Gatorade help with sore muscles?
Make sure you’re hydrated
Plain filtered water works great (aim for 10 or more eight-ounce glasses per day; as much as up to 20 eight-ounce servings if you’re super active or super sore), and ultra-hydration options like Gatorade or coconut water work great, too. The added electrolytes can be a boost for sore muscles.
What vitamins help with sore muscles?
Vitamins That Aid Muscle Recovery
- CoQ10. CoQ10 an important antioxidant that is used throughout the body and is specifically useful to avoid muscle fatigue in athletes. …
- Vitamin A. Vitamin A is often one of those forgotten vitamins. …
- Vitamin C. …
- B Vitamins. …
- Omega 3.
Is pineapple juice good for sore muscles?
The bromelain in pineapples may reduce the inflammation, swelling, bruising and pain that occurs after surgery. Bromelain’s anti-inflammatory properties may also aid recovery after strenuous exercise by reducing tissue inflammation.
What should I eat and drink for sore muscles?
The 10 Best Muscle Recovery Foods and Drinks
- Tart cherry juice. Drinking tart cherry juice may benefit both trained athletes and novice gym-goers alike. …
- Watermelon and watermelon juice. Watermelon is sweet, hydrating, and loaded with nutrients. …
- Fatty fish. …
- Pomegranate juice. …
- Beet juice. …
- Whey protein shakes. …
- Eggs. …
What foods repair muscles?
Moreover, slightly increasing your protein intake once you start training the injured body part again helps you rebuild any lost muscle ( 2 , 4 ). For all these reasons, make sure to include protein-rich foods like meat, fish, poultry, tofu, beans, peas, nuts or seeds in your daily menu.