What are the 5 components of a warm up?
Terms in this set (5)
- Pulse raiser. Eg- jogging and skipping. Slowly increases heart rate and body temperature.
- Mobility. Eg-arm swing and hip circles. …
- Dynamic movement. Eg-shuttle runs. …
- Stretching. Eg-groin walk and open and close the gate. …
- Skill rehearsal. Eg-passing drills for football.
What are the 4 parts of a warm up?
There are four key elements, or parts, which should be included to ensure an effective and complete warm-up. These elements consist of the general warm-up, static stretching, a sports-specific warm-up, and dynamic stretching.
Is push ups a warm-up?
You perform movements that will increase your heart rate while preparing the right muscles to move well for your workout,” says Merrick. “Squats, push-ups, sit-ups and overhead shoulder presses are some of my favorite warmup movements.
What are the 2 types of warm-up?
There are two types of warm ups, a general warm up and a sport specific warm up. What you do to warm up is dependent upon the physical demands of your activity and your sport.
How many stages are there in a warm up?
Performers must carry out an appropriate preparation prior to their one-off performance in order to effectively prepare the body for an activity. This consists of three key stages.