What are 7 upper body exercises?
7 upper body exercises to do at home
- Alternating punches. What it’s good for: Shoulders, chest and triceps strengthening. …
- Side and lateral arm raises. What it’s good for: Shoulders, lateral and anterior deltoid. …
- Shoulder press. …
- Press ups. …
- Floor tricep dips. …
- Inchworms. …
- Plank raise.
What are the 5 best upper body exercises?
5 Upper Body Strength Exercises
- Chest Press: Use free weights on a bench. …
- Biceps Curls and Hammer Curls: Stand facing a mirror. …
- Triceps Kickbacks and Overhead Extensions: Use weight bench and put one leg on it. …
- Assisted Pull-Ups and Dips: Use the machine in the weight room.
What are some upper body exercises at home?
20-Minute Upper Body Home Workout
- What you need:
- Modified pushups (on knees): 8-12 repetitions.
- Standing triceps kickbacks with canned goods: 8-12 repetitions.
- Jumping jacks: 20 seconds.
- Squat-curl-press with cans: 10-12 repetitions.
- Chair dips: 10-12 repetitions.
- Bent-over row with canned good: 12-15 repetitions.
How can I build my upper body at home?
Start in an upper plank position with your feet elevated using a chair, table or box and place your hands just outside of shoulder width. Keep your core tight and shoulders retracted, lowering your torso to the floor before pushing up. Perform 8 pushups in this position.
What are some upper body exercises without equipment?
Bodyweight Triceps Dip
Straighten your arms to lift your butt, then bend your elbows to lower yourself without sitting down completely. That’s 1 rep. Keep your heels on the floor and your elbows pointing directly behind your body (not flared out to the side).
Are crunches upper body?
So be sure not to focus exclusively on crunches, but also other exercises for your back, upper body and chest, arms and legs to train your body all over. Crunches specifically activate your body’s core muscles and, if performed correctly, stimulate muscle gain.