How do you use warm up in a sentence?
Warm-up sentence example
- She dressed and went to the kitchen to warm up some food for him. …
- The session kicks off with a 10-minute progressive warm-up and finishes with a 10-minute cool-down and stretch. …
- A three-day sailing festival is the warm-up to three days of racing action.
What do you mean by warm up?
: to engage in exercise or practice especially before entering a game or contest broadly : to get ready.
Do warm up?
Warming up helps prepare your body for aerobic activity. A warmup gradually revs up your cardiovascular system by raising your body temperature and increasing blood flow to your muscles. Warming up may also help reduce muscle soreness and lessen your risk of injury.
How do you write warm hands?
Hand Warm Up Exercises
- Briefly rub hands, palms together, then the back of each hand. …
- Press hands and fingers together with palms flat, squeeze then stretch fingers out wide. …
- Hook fingers of both hands together and pull in opposite directions.
- With palms together and fingers straight, press fingers together firmly.
Should you warm up before writing?
Warming up is as important for writing as it is for singing, gymnastics, or track-and-field. In most pursuits of an artistic or physical nature, warming up is standard operating procedure.
What are the kind of warming up?
Some other examples of warm-up exercises are leg bends, leg swings, shoulder/ arm circles, jumping jacks, jumping rope, lunges, squats, walking or a slow jog, yoga, torso twists, standing side bends, lateral shuffle, butt kickers, knee bends, and ankle circles.
How do you warm up before exercising?
Warm up for longer if you feel the need.
- March on the spot: keep going for 3 minutes. Start off marching on the spot and then march forwards and backwards. …
- Heel digs: aim for 60 heel digs in 60 seconds. …
- Knee lifts: aim for 30 knee lifts in 30 seconds. …
- Shoulder rolls: 2 sets of 10 repetitions. …
- Knee bends: 10 repetitions.
Is warmup one word or two?
APStylebook on Twitter: “Warmup is one word when it’s a noun, warm up is two words as a verb.
What is warming up explain types of warming up?
General warming- up is usually performed in all types of activities. This type of warming-up includes jogging, running, jumping, stretching, callisthenics striding, wind sprints and other general exercises. It increases coordinative abilities, and flexibility of muscles and joints. It also improves muscle tone.
What is warm up in teaching?
Put simply, a lesson warm-up is an activity that helps get students in a learning frame of mind. Warm-ups, or warmers, are any activity completed at the beginning of class specifically intended to prepare students for learning, explains British Council’s TeachingEnglish.